|“||I could go, or we could just both...||”|
— Tara Webster
|Full Name||Tara Louise Webster|
|Nickname(s)|| T (by Kat, Sammy)
Training Bra (by Christian)
|Date of Birth||October 8, 1994|
|Hair Color||Ginger Red|
|Family|| Neil Webster (Father)
Jan Webster (Mother)
|Relationships|| Ethan Karamakov (Ex-Boyfriend)|
Christian Reed (Boyfriend)
Ben Tickle (Ex-Boyfriend)
|School(s)||National Academy of Dance|
|First Episode||Learning to Fly, Part 1|
|Last Episode||Not for Nothing|
|Portrayed By||Xenia Goodwin|
RelationshipsLearning to Fly, Part 1 as for the rest of the characters. They first meet when Tara is searching for the Girls changing room. Kat, as a joke, tells her the wrong way leading Tara to change in the Boys changing room. Tara is angry at Kat, but then Kat covers for her when Tara is almost disqualified from the auditions for being outside after curfew. Tara forgives Kat and a strong friendship begins to form. Tara and Kat encounter some problems during their friendship: Tara falling for her brother, Tara cheating on Ethan by kissing Christian. But they eventually reconcile, and continue being friends until the year finishes. In season two, Tara and Kat both begin as best friends again until Christian and Tara break-up and Kat ends up kissing Christian. Tara overhears their conversation over a walkie talkie when she overhears the last sentence "When I kissed you, That was somthing I wanted to do that for a long time..." from Christian. Sammy takes the walkie-talkie away from Tara and tells her that "T,you shouldn't be listening to that." Tara is then seen getting ready for her audition with Grace for the Prix De Fonteyn while dancing her solo "Red Shoes." Kat tells Tara that she didn't mean for all this to happen and that she didn't want to like him, but she did. Tara is mad at Kat for a few more episodes but then she realizes that she misses Kat and tries to mend the friendship by inviting her to the circus with the second years. Kat was Tara's partner for the trapeze act and when Kat had to catch Tara she said, "I've got you, T!" Tara responds and says, "I know!" When the two finish the act and fall into the trampoline, they are seen giving an dramatic hug, therefore, signaling that they are best friends again. Tara even gives Kat her blessing to date Christian. However, Kat soon realizes that Christian is still in love with Tara and ends their relationship.This friendship holds and they support each other when Sammy dies.
Tara first befriends Abigail because they are roommates, but after Abigail shows her true self, they remain apart. Abigail is very nervous in season 1 that Tara might become a better dancer than her, leading to several incidents in which Tara was hurt, or embarrassed. In season 2, Abigail shows her nice and sweet side to Tara but Tara doesn't trust Abigail after last year. Tara and Abigail hug each other when they are at Sammy's memorial. Tara shows concern that she isn't showing any grief at Sammy's death, apart from her big, black hole in her tummy. Abigail tells her that she will feel it. Abigail also trains her to preform the original choreography of the solo "Red Shoes" in the Prix de Fonteyn so that she can beat Grace.
In the first season when Tara first sees Ethan, she was in the change room with Christian, after that he forms a huge crush on him but Ethan acts like Tara is invisible. She asks Christaian why did her spred that rumor about her in the wrong change room but than he said " I wasnt the only one there ever think of that." Tara eventually confronts Ethan and ethan was really rude with her. Eventually, the two start to go out when Ethan gets rjected by his mentor. During the relationship Christian and Tara begin growing closer as friend. Tara cheats on Ethan
by kissing Christian, yet you could see that Ethan was falling in love with Tara even after and trys to get with her as much as he could by makeing her jelaous yet it doesnt work. They eventually get over it as Tara and Kat become best friends again and Tara realizes that Ethan is more of a big brother to her, rather than a boyfriend and they become friends. Kat sets Ethan and Tara up on a secret date which is a bit awkward at first but then they realize Kat set them up and they treat it as a joke. In the last episode of the first series, Ethan suggests that Tara could spend the summer holidays with him. At first Tara agrees but then she decides to spend it on the farm with Christian instead.
In Series 2 Ethan is angry at Tara because she when she choose to spend the summer holidays with Christian rather than him. Their friendship is rather rocky until Ethan begins to develop feelings for Abigail. Ethan then have forgives Tara when she breaks her back and is concerned about her. Eventually Ethan moves overseas and is out of the picture for a bit. But in episode 25, Ethan returns to Australia in time for Sammy's memorial.
See Main Article: Tristian
Tara and Christian met in the boy's change rooms during their Audition Week. Tara's embarrassed panicking and naivetie earned Christian's amusment and the nickname "Training Bra". After Christian came to the Academy, they were paired up for a trust exercise: twenty questions in twenty-four hours. Though the two were reluctant to open up to each other, they gradually became closer, learning that initial impressions were not always accurate. The two remained pas de deux partners for years.
As Tara and Ethan's relationship faded, she found herself growing attracted to Christian. For the sake of Ethan, they try to avoid a relationship, but eventually end up kissing on the beach during a search for a lost dog. Unfortunately photographed by Petra, the incident forced them to really examine their feelings for each other. Christian realized that he liked Tara, and while Tara felt the same way, she lied to protect Kat and herself.
During an intense showcase, Tara is sent on an intervention with Christian, where they finally admit to each other just how much they care for one another. They share another kiss.
They rekindle their romance in the beginning of season 2 while Christian stayed at Tara's farm for the Christmas holiday. Tara realizes that she is in love with Christian and discovers that Christian feels the same way. They are so happy as a couple that Miss Raine feels they need to focus on their ballet more, and Tara agreed and put their relationship on a 'pause'. Christian thinks that means she wants to break up with him, and turns a cold shoulder towards her. Tara then explains that she doesn't want to break up with him. Tara and Christian make up, but Tara meddles in Christian's broken family matters and tries to find Christian's dad. Christian gets upset at Tara and they don't speak to each other. Christian trysto get Tara back but she denies him and he kisses Kat in a moment of weakness. Tara discovers about Kat and Christian over a walkie talkie and Grace prods Tara to hate Kat and Christian, so it is a bit awkward for a bit between them. Tara eventually gives Kat her blessing to go out with Christian. Kat and Tara make up, but Kat breaks up with Christian when she realizes that he is still in love with Tara. With the thought that Tara may leave the Academy, Christian decides to tell Tara how he feels, and she realizes she feels the same way,but tragic events complicates things. By the Season 2 finale, Christian calls Tara and goes on a road trip with his father but promises Tara she'll see him again for third year. Although their relationship rekindles in Start of an Era, it is short-lived as they both believe that their relationship will eventually lead to arguments. However, in the ending of the final episode Not for Nothing, Christian tells Tara that they will be able to work out their relationship together.
Tara is confused because she hadn't cried about Sammy's death since it happened. Abigail reassures her by saying, "Trust me, it'll happen."
- It still remains unknown whether or not Tara got into the company.
- She broke her wrist jumping off of a hay stack when she was 5.
- Her least favorite fairytale is The Little Mermaid.
- She was the top dancer in her home town.
- At the beginning of first year, she had never danced with a boy before.
- She danced Clara in The Nutcracker.
- She has dated Christian, Ethan, and Ben Tickle.
- Tara dislocated her knee in season 1.
- She was second best in ballet in second year, and ranked higher than Abigail.
- She broke her back in season 2.
- She has been the roommate of all female characters (Abigail, Kat and Grace) at some point
- She believes in magic.
- She has done private lessons with Abigail.
- She has been with every boy that is in the Dance Academy main cast except Sammy and Ollie.
- Shee had a bone broken in every season.
- She is incompetent at bowling
- "If I try too hard to copy her path, I might miss my own."
- "I always knew in another life I could fly. So that's why in this life I dance."
- "I no longer have a best friend. I have a sister who I would trust with my life."
- "I have two families. One at home, and one here."
- "I love ballet, but I wouldn't let it destroy me."
- "Most of all, I don't want to say goodbye. So I won't. I'll say thank you that I knew him.
- "They told us that in second year there were no second chances. They were right. Each day we have to dance as if it could be out last."
- “As dancers we learn to be in control of our bodies down to the last millimeter, because if even one finger is out of alignment it all falls apart, so you practice movements until they're perfect. You learn to control gravity, to control pain, and refuse to let yourself get away with anything. But there's one thing that doesn't follow the rules, that you wish you could control but can't - your heart.”
- “Before I left home, Mom gave me the talk. Not that talk. She was worried one day I'd regret missing out on being an ordinary teenager. I told her point blank that there wasn't any choice, because who wants to be ordinary when you have the chance of becoming a professional dancer?”
- "Everything with Ben is awkward, I shouldn't have said that."
- "I've always wanted a gay best friend!"
- "I could go, or we could just both..."
- “But you have snow, white Christmas’s and reindeer. And ice skating, everything sparkling and glamorous!”