Season 1, Episode 6
7 June, 2010
March 21, 2012
"Perfection" is the sixth episode of season one of the Australian television series, Dance Academy. It aired on 7 June, 2010 on ABC3 and on March 21, 2012 on TeenNick. The episode was written by Samantha Strauss.
Tara is stunned to learn that Kat's mother is Natasha Willis, a world acclaimed ballerina and Tara's greatest idol. However, Kat becomes unimpressed with Tara's adoration and becomes even more annoyed when Tara dyes her hair black to match Natasha's. Tara ignores her friend's feelings and takes Natasha up on her offer to watch a performance backstage. What she sees shocks Tara into realising that perhaps Natasha isn't idol material after all. Meanwhile, Sammy's perfect girlfriend, Mia has unexpectedly returned from an overseas exchange and he is torn between his loyalty to Mia and his new-found and growing attraction to Abigail . Unable to help himself, Sammy reneges on a date with Mia to take Abigail to Swan Lake, and when Mia discovers Sammy lied to her, they're forced to admit their relationship is over.
- Tara Morice as Miss Raine
- Victoria Hill as Natasha Willis
- Rani Luther as Natasha Dancing Double
- Penny Cook as Caroline
- Alycia Debnam-Carey as Mia
- Brooke Lockett as Swan Lake Cygnet
- Sharni Spencer as Swan Lake Cygnet
- Eloise Fryer as Swan Lake Cygnet
- Jessica Wood as Swan Lake Cygnet
- Tzu-Chao Chou as Male Ballet Dancer
- This episode marks the end of Sammy and Mia's relationship.
- This is the only episode that Mia appears in.
- "Today is a really weird day..." (Tara Webster)
To view the Perfection gallery, click here.